How can you not love wings? I mean other than if you do not eat meat. There are so many ways to enjoy them. You can have them breaded or classic. You can have it as a dry rub or sauced up. And then there’s endless amount of sauce combinations! I love going to different wing restaurants and trying different sauces. Wings are also a great appetizer for sharing as seen in my eating out on a budget post. As much as I enjoy ordering wings, they are quite easy to make at home. Which is why I am bringing you this sweet n’ spicy soya sauce glazed chicken wings.
You can season it anyway you feel like it based on your palette. You can keep is super simple with salt and pepper or add different spices to form it to your desired flavour.
As mentioned earlier, you can enjoy a dry rub chicken wing. But we’re making sweet n; spicy soya sauce glazed chicken wings. The sweet comes from the sugar and the spicy comes from the Sriracha. The sauce comes from the soya sauce and there you have it! This was such a unique sauce for me as the flavours compliment each other so well. This Sweet n’ spicy soya sauce glazed chicken wings is so good I’m sure whoever you’re serving this to would LOVE you.
Feel free to follow me @foodiie.diary on Instagram for more food adventures!
Sweet n’ Spicy Soya Sauce Chicken Wings
- Air fryer (optional)
- 1.5 kg Chicken wings
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Soya Sauce Glaze
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Cornstarch/water to thicken glaze
- After cleaning your chicken wing, remove any excess liquid by patting wings dry. This helps with crispy texture
- Add all the seasoning to the chicken and mix well
- Set aside for 15-20 minute to marinate. You can also leave it overnight if you wish
- You now have to option to bake, pan fry, or air fryer fry
- Set to 400 and fry for 15min flipping wings halfway until golden brown
- Add oil to to a pan, enough for the wings to be halfway submerged, on medium heat. Fry both sides until golden brown.
- Set oven to 420 degrees and bake chicken wings for 35min or until golden brown
Soya Sauce Glaze
- In a pan over low heat, add butter and let it melt
- Once butter is melted, add soya sauce, water, Sriracha, and sugar into the pan and let it melt/mix.
- Taste and adjust sweetness/spiciness to your liking
- In a separate bowl add a little bit of cornstarch and a bit of cold water to create a slurry. This will help thicken the glaze
- Add slurry into your glaze and mix. Let it thicken for 5min. If it is not desired thickness add additional slurry. Mix then remove from heat and let it rest
- One glaze has rested for 5min, coat wings with glaze and enjoy!